Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Opening Day

Who would have thunk it? I have never paid too much attention to blogging...don't know that I could explain it in a succinct sentence (or two or three). Was asked to look into it and find out more...then was driven to a link to set one up. Given my love of writing and the sound of my own voice...here I am 5 minutes later with a blog of my very own.

More to come. It just hit me that the thought of having my own platform is overwhelming even for me. I was just hit with the awesome responsibility of the power of the written word and a platform on which to exercise that power. Hmmmm...the template for signing up was so easy...now to consider what the content will be.

**time elapsing...time elapsing...**

I'm back...and since it is the same day, I am opting to edit the original post instead of just adding a new one. I don't know if that is acceptable in the realm of blogging, but I am guessing that since it is my own blog, that I can create my own rules for posting.

No one has seen the original posting as far as I know, so theoretically, I could have just continued on with my rambling without bringing attention to its being done in segments, but that wouldn't be completely honest. And let's face it..should anyone really start to read the thoughts in my head that I am hammering out to paper (okay, not really paper, but you get the point) then I feel like I should be honest and forthcoming from the get-go. Especially since I would appreciate honesty and forthrightness from anyone who chooses to add comments to the site.

So, for anyone who stumbles across this blog...or for those who are directed to it for one reason or another...I don't know that I can tell you what the typical topic or focus will be. If you know me, you would laugh at the thought of trying to pin down where my mind will go at any given moment. Perhaps this will just be the place where we can meet together to air out our thoughts on the times... not necessarily just the day's events, but what they signal for our times.

3 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Tomorrow never dies" James Bond

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Only the good die young" James Bond

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Absolutely brillant thinking and writing. And who among us writers does not love the sound and print of his or her own words!

Like you, I had a blog 5 minutes into it, and have not stopped writing since!

Let us hear it for the blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home