Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What A Difference A Day Makes

I can't explain it.
I absolutely have no idea how one day can be so different than the next.

Yesterday (Monday...ahh, perhaps that was it), I just was in a constant state of 'overwhelmed' and felt like I was a half-step behind all day. It didn't matter how hard I tried to catch up or move things off my to-do list, I simply felt like I was trudging through mud all day. Like those bad dreams where you are running and your legs simply won't move...it was like that.

And then today, I woke up dreading another day like yesterday. But I pulled myself out of bed (after having a late night out with my girlfriends), determined that I would attack the to-do list once more.

But today, instead of trudging through that unforgiving proverbial mud, it was as though I was on one of those moving walkways at the big airports that transport you along...and you choose whether to let it do all the work, or you walk on it as it's moving and get there even faster. I mean, I was knocking stuff off my to-do list, taking on all new comers via email, answering the phone, editing documents, and creating flow charts. Heck, I even had time to yuck it up with a radio host and do some real business...plus just scored some 'good vibe' points with the media. (I was indeed in rare form with regard to my quickwhit and wry humor, if I do say so myself.)

So what was different today?
I'm switching to decaf coffee, so that wasn't really a factor. Cup a joe isn't my jump start.
Had less sleep last night than usual...even for me. (Perhaps I was just giddy.)
The barrage of email and phone calls was no different today...in fact, it was probably more.
And yikes, I even just realized a few minutes ago that I didn't take any of my vitamins, minerals, supplements or meds today!

So what was different today?
The only thing that I can think of that was different is that as I lay in bed this morning contemplating the day, I made up my mind to hit it head on. To take it on and damn the torpedos.

Wow...what a difference a day makes.

2 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Glad to hear you are feeling good today, Whit.

This is why I embrace the words, take one day at a time.

Have a good day.

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Bill said...

I can only agree with you, when you decide early on to just 'hit it', often that's exactly how the day goes!

I'm glad to hear you had such a good day, sometimes just one good one can make a huge difference!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home