Friday, October 13, 2006

Where Have All the Bloggers Gone?

Yeah, the title is really a misnomer. I don't suppose the bloggers have gone anywhere...I am the one who strayed.

I don't really recall why I moved away from posting. Maybe I didn't feel like I had anything to say. Hmmm, scratch that. Thinking back to the time when I stopped writing, I actually had quite a bit to say. But it was all scribbled out in handwriting in my journal...going back through a lifetime of memories that I had never paid too much attention to.

I described it to a friend that it was as though my life was going 90 miles per hour and I slammed on the brakes. And all the crap in the backseat came flying into the front seat with me, and there I sat...covered in crap. So I had to make the decision to either keep driving, hoping that just like stopping brought everything forward, that going fast again would push it all back. OR, I could pull over to the side of the road and sift through the junk I had tossed behind me. Uh, well, I quickly realized that going fast didn't make things go away...it just meant I was going at full speed and still covered in crap! So I pulled over.

And my little rest stop turned in several months of just that...resting.

So much has happened that a) one post couldn't hold it all, and b) I've lost the right to be heard since I have not been an active part of the blogosphere, so who really cares anyway?

Well, to answer that question, it doesn't matter who cares. The fact is that when we deal with our own stuff, it doesn't really matter who else knows or sees that we've tended to our own issues. That's the point of dealing with your own issues -- they're YOURS. (In this case, they're mine, but you know what I mean.) As an acquaintance of mine reminds me constantly...I can say what I want, and he will still sleep tonight. My guess is that if you were to read any of my musings, regardless of how 'insightful' or personal, that you, too, would sleep tonight.

So, where have all the bloggers gone? I am sorry to say that I don't know. But part of me selfishly hopes that they really haven't gone anywhere. But that if they do decide to step out and go somewhere that they might decide to drop by here on their way.

2 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Good to see you back posting Whit!

I hope you and your family are well, and that life is good for you today.

Your insightful and meaningful posts have been missed.

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been checking periodically to see if you had come back to your blogging. I'm SO glad to see you are back. You have been and will continue to be in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home